Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Can I take your picture?




I've been wanting a nice camera for a few years. Anyone who knows me, knows I always have my digital camera on me and that I may be a little obsessive when it comes to taking pictures...ok maybe a lot obsessive. I especially LOVE taking pictures of my Sydney-sue, as you will later see. Well, my wonderful husband got me exactly that for our one year anniversary--a Canon EOS 50D digital SLR. It's freakin' sweeeeet! I've been playing around with it for the past month testing out its many bells and whistles. Here are a few of the shots I've taken. They're not anything to get overly excited about, but thought I would share anyway. I'm not really sure if you will be able to see the quality in these size images, but you get the idea. I may also load some on facebook later. Eventually I am going to try out photoshop and some after editing, but for now, here are the raw shots. I am also taking a beginner photography class this summer to gain some more experience. We'll see how it goes!











3 comments:

  1. fun! photography is a great hobby! keep playing with it as long as Sidney Sue will be your model -she looks like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'll have a lot of fun with that! I wish I could do it also, but I just know I'd spend a ton of money on the camera, and then never take the time to learn anything about it...haha. You'll be awesome, though! Too bad I'm not in Houston so that Aubrey could be a model for you, also :) Maybe when we come in July... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just blog jumping and ran across yours! I am a big fan of pictures too and would love to get a fancy one! Such a great gift from the hubby! Where do you find beginner photo classes?

    ReplyDelete