Monday, January 11, 2010

I like to eat Icing

After taking a cake decorating class this past summer, I've attempted a few "official" cakes over the past few months. Here's the evidence:


And yes, I usually eat WAY too much icing while I'm decorating. I definitely need to practice more to get better, but I'm really enjoying it! The best part is that after I finish a cake, the kitchen looks like an icing bomb went off. I'll have to get pictures of it next time as proof. I try to trick Andy into helping me clean it up, but he's smarter than I give him credit for. ;) Let me know what y'all think!

4 comments:

  1. WOW Taryn! That is awesome! I'm having a blast learning this stuff myself. Just wish I could take a class and get some official know-how.

    I totally know what you mean about the kitchen disaster, I wish I had a dish fairy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so talented! the cakes look awesome. and don't worry, even when i cook a simple meal (vs. a beautiful cake) my kitchen is a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cakes! Especially the bachelorette party corset one! :) Can I hire you to come to Farmington and make the cake for Aubrey's 1st Birthday?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I'm impressed! If I liked being in the kitchen more I'd wanna do it too. Trey would not clean up my messes and I loathe dishwashing, therefore it just won't happen. But kudos to you! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete