It's pretty obvious I have a hard time keeping up with my blog. I just realized the last time I blogged was in September! I am shocked that it was that long ago--it only seems like a few weeks ago! Speaking of that, ever since I started teaching, time seems to FLY by. I think its because I am busy every day now instead of sitting at a computer in my cubicle checking facebook and blogs all day long...not that I ever did that. ;)
It SNOWED today in Houston and it was magical! We even got an early dismissal from school...yay! It was a challenge to keep the attention of 150 junior high kids while they watched a winter wonderland forming outside. It was such a joy to see the excitement on their faces when they looked out the windows. It reminded me how much I love my job. Even though they can be super annoying some (and most) of the time, I love each and everyone one of those kids. When I got home, Sydney and I played in the snow and waited for dad (Andy) to get home. Sydney absolutely loves snow! She was acting crazy running all over the yard, eating snowballs, and digging in the snow. Its hard to believe we've been blessed with snow in Houston two years in a row!
I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! I actually got Lasik surgery the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I am now seeing 20-12, without help from contacts or glasses! The surgery was pretty wicked, watching the doctor do some crazy-looking stuff to my eyes. Thankfully the doctors at Mann Eye Institute know what they're doing and within a few minutes of the surgery I was already seeing almost 20-20. I have experienced some dryness since the surgery, but I've been using eye drops often and the dryness is getting better every day. If you've been considering getting Lasik, I would highly recommend it! It's a life-changing procedure that only takes 5 minutes and its pain-free.
We have now entered into my favorite month and season of the year! With all the craziness this season brings with it, let's remember the real reason we celebrate Christmas every year-- to celebrate the birth of our precious Savior Jesus Christ! I hope you all have a joyous Christmas Season.
Love to all,
T
P.S. I promise to update my blog next time before April. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment