Sunday, September 6, 2009

Teachers are under appreciated.

I had no idea how much work teachers do...and now I'm experiencing it all first-hand. I've survived my first two-weeks with some hilarious stories, little sleep, and lots of stress. For starters, on the second day of school one boy said the "F-word" out loud in class and another said "masturbation". What a way to start out the school year! The first week was shocking to me, and I will admit I shed a few tears that week. But by week two I had toughened up a little. I'm starting to get used to being on my feet all day, dealing with attitude, bad behavior, and learning how to teach integers and absolute value to 150 pre-teens. While its been WAY more work that I ever imagined, or even dreamed of doing in my previous job I really do love it. I love connecting with the kids, laughing at/with them, and seeing the light-bulb go off in their head when they finally "get it". And I'm sure I will love it even more when I'm enjoying a week off for Thanksgiving, two weeks off at Christmas, etc...you get the idea. More stories to come!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I sooo know what you mean. NOTHING can prepare you for it. Nothing. It is awesome to see the light bulb's go off, but administration SUCKS! Do you agree yet? TAKS TAKS TAKS...BUH!

    ReplyDelete