Monday, August 3, 2009

Big changes are coming!

This morning I gave my two weeks notice to my boss...with some sadness but also great excitment. Over the past few months, I have been going through a teacher alternative certification program which included a 15 week online class, 30 hours of classroom observation, and two certifcation exams. And last week I was offered a job to teach starting this August! I will be teaching 7th grade Math in Pearland. I'm so excited and looking forward to a change from the corporate world. Please keep me in your prayers as I undergo this huge life change. I'm sure I will have many interesting stories to share in the coming months!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Congrats Taryn! I had no idea that you were doing that, but I am soooo happy for you! And isn't it amazing that God worked it out perfect that you got a job just in time to switch gears and begin your debut as a teacher? Of course, you missed out on one of the biggest teaching perks - summers off - but that will come next year! lol. Congrats on your adventure - you'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

    Miss you guys and hope to see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I really appreciate all the kind words. I'm sure I will have some interesting stories to share in the next few months! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! And now you only have 2 days left of corporate work! (counting today) I bet you aren't doing a single thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete