| My sweet baby boy at 6 weeks |
During Jensen's first few weeks home, time seemed to stand
still. While I don't want my baby to
grow up too fast, I was also soooo ready to be past the difficult newborn
stage. But now that we've reached the
two month milestone, I'm asking myself how we got here so fast!?! Time seems to be flying by now and before I
know it I will be going back to work...well in September anyway. I know it will
be here in the blink of an eye. Stay
away September!
Jensen has his two month doctor's appointment tomorrow and
I'm so nervous! I know he is going to
freak out when they give him his first round of immunizations. It's crazy how different a baby's cry is when
they are hungry or tired versus when someone pokes a needle in their leg! I
myself am still deathly afraid of needles to this day. I seriously considered whether I really
wanted to get pregnant because of my irrational fear of needles! But I quickly got over it when I had been caring
a baby for 41 weeks. Who cares about
needles anymore, just get this baby out!
And now to the fun stuff.
You may be asking yourself "what has Jensen been up to this month?". Well, he's really starting to show his personality. He loves to smile at his favorite people, especially
his mom, dad, and Loli (my mom). He
squinches his cheeks up when he does this and his eyes get all squinty, just
like mine do when I smile. He loves to
stick his tongue out and make silly faces.
He talks to us in his cute baby voice and even laughs sometimes. I live for these moments! He's slept through the night one time so far
(7 hours). Most of the time he sleeps
for about 5 hours (until 3am), wakes up to eat, and then goes back to sleep for
another 3 hours. We're ok with this
schedule for now, but would love for him to get more 7 hours stretches of sleep
soon..! This boy LOVES to eat! And you don't want to make him wait for it
either, or he makes sure to let you know he's starving. I'm estimating this, but I believe he weighs
close to 15 pounds right now...! His
cheeks are huge and I can't stop kissing on them. They are my favorite feature on him. He looks like he's going to be a brown-eyed
boy. His hair still stands straight up
in the back and we like it that way!
I've tried to brush it down right after bath time, but when it dries it
just pops back up. Andy calls him his little pineapple head. This month we are
going to start working more on tummy time.
He already has a strong neck and has been holding his head up since
birth, but he's not too fond of tummy time, so we're going to keep working at
it. He loves the outdoors, and enjoys
our nightly walks around the neighborhood with Syd. He also loves bath time. He gets so peaceful when we put him in the
bath and makes cute little noises and faces when he's in there.
I feel like I've really started to bond with him this month
and I'm loving our time together at home or running errands. I've even had time to cook and bake a little
lately which has been nice!
I will load some of his two month photos later this week, so stay tuned for that!
I'm coming home next weekend I would love to meet him!! Please keep blogging :) good luck at his appointment tomorrow! Love you!
ReplyDelete