..and it's called dessert! I love, love, LOVE dessert. Ice cream. Cake. Cupcakes. Cookies. Brownies. Pretty much any baked good that I can get my hands on. And I feel the need to eat dessert after every meal. NOT GOOD, when you still have a few pounds of baby weight to lose.
It's an addiction for me. And I've heard it said that the first step to beating an addiction is to admit you have a problem. So here it is ladies and gentlemen. I, Taryn, am addicted to dessert. But am I ready to give this addiction up?!? I'm not entirely sure. Cut back, yes. Give up all together? NEVER!
It's something I inherited from my family, so it's not my entirely fault! We're the family that has more desserts at our family reunion meal than actual food. We might even eat dessert first. And we've been known to duke it out over the last scoop of my Mom's famous banana pudding.
I once got a fortune cookie with a fortune that said very eloquently "Dessert CAN make you happy". So fitting and perfect for me. I saved it to keep forever. And have you seen the Duke's Mayonnaise commercial? If you haven't then that's probably best. It will make you want a piece of chocolate cake *immediately*. It sounds weird, I know. Mayo and chocolate cake...? But the commercial claims that adding a little Duke's Mayo to your favorites chocolate cake recipe will make the most moist cake you've ever eaten. Then they show a fork cutting into a big slice of super moist, rich chocolate cake. YUM.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure this little guy is going to like dessert too when he finally gets a taste of it. But I'm not going to let him eat too much or too often so he doesn't get obsessed (or addicted) like his momma...

So...random fact. In the good ol' days, when they used mayo in chocolate cake, they called it Poor Man's Cake because the mayonnaise replaced the eggs because eggs were too expensive and the mayo made the cake moist. It's a recipe that we have in our family. :) And you'd never know it was in there!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting! Good to know Ashley! I'm going to have to try that recipe out soon....
ReplyDeleteCan I have some chocolate cake now, please? :)
ReplyDeleteMeeee too, Taryn! You know I think the first Little Debbie I ever had was at your house in 7th grade....it was the start of something beautiful, and terrible. :)
ReplyDeleteLove this post!