Thursday, September 20, 2012

My sweetness keeps growing...



And now he's 5 months old! I cannot even tell you how that happened. The months seem to be flying by. I'm in a state of delirious happiness and love for this little guy. Words just cannot do this feeling justice. I cannot get enough of him, his smell, his giggle, his chunkiness. I know I will probably say this every month from now on, but we are having a blast with him at this age.

Grabbing those feet, his favorite pastime.


Little flirt

A few things I want to remember about him at this age:
--He laughs at everything.  Funny faces, noises, being tickled, being tossed up in the air (gently).  He seems to be a thrill-seeker too. 
--He's starting to roll all over the place.  I put him on his back to play under his floor gym, walk into the kitchen to get something, come back and he's over a yard away on his tummy in the middle of the rug...!
--Rolling all over his crib and his leg even got stuck in between the rails (no injuries occurred though!)...I think its time to put on a breatable bumper
--Tried sweet potatoes and avocado so far...not a big fan of sweet potatoes but really started to like avocade by the 5th day
--Sucking the food off of the spoon instead of opening wide for it, but he is definitely eating it!
--Always trying to get his feet into his mouth
--Grabs any type of glass/cup and opens his mouth REAL big to try and get a drink of it
--When he sees his bottle coming, he starts opening and closing his mouth to signal he wants it, NOW!
--Enjoys getting out of the house to run errands and is usually very well behaved...and a great shopping partner!
--Loves to screech and squeal and learning to use his voice
--When he cries I could bet money he is saying "Mama"! (at least it sure does sound like it)
--Really starting to show an interest in Sydney...Sydney still tries to avoid him
--Has a short attention span and needs constant entertainment, it's hard to get much done, but that's OK.
--Learned how to use his jumperoo this month and loves it!
--Still loves his pacifier, but sometimes finds his thumb
--Loves to splash his legs in the water at bathtime
--Weighs 20 pounds and 27 inches long...still a very BIG boy.
--Still struggling with nap times, somedays he sleeps well, other days he sleeps for only 35-45 min at a times
--Finally dropped the night time feeding, but still having to put his pacifier back in his mouth 2-3 times per night
--Loves grabbing my hair, which is the longest it's ever been in my life...go figure.
--One of the smiley-est babies I've ever met.

We love every.single.thing. about this baby.  Sometimes we wonder why we waited so long to have children because he is really THAT awesome.  Can't get enough.  

Love those cheeks.

ROOOOLLLLLLS! 


3 comments:

  1. Taryn...Weston NEVER napped either until I let him take naps on his tummy...he now sleeps at least one and a half hours. I know tummy naps are not "ideal", but for some reason it helps our little one get a good rest in. He is so STINKIN cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is precious. He won't stop smiling! I love it! :) and I'm so jealous that he likes avocado. Cash doesn't. I tried giving it to him on 5 different occasions and he spit it out every time. :( He loves the heck outta some sweet potatoes and mangoes though. good grief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will eventually get the napping mama!!!! Maybe try letting him cry it out or let him lay in his cribeven if hes awake after nap. :) glad nighttime is getting better though!!!

    ReplyDelete